Anti-Shock Protest in Montreal on Mother’s Day
Gathering in Montreal
Saturday May 10th, 2008 at 11 a.m.
Honouring Mother’s Day
Two to three times more women than men are electroshocked!
Disproportionately large numbers of el-derly women, 60 years and older, are also electrochocked!
Lets stop violence against women, mothers and grand-mothers!
Gathering, Place Émilie-Gamelin (metro Berri-UQAM) Saturday. May 10 at 11:00 AM, testimonies, animation, flyers, petition to sign for the abolition of ECT.
Organized by Comité Pare-chocs with the collaboration of Action Autonomie, the Montreal Mental Health Rights Collective.
10 REASONS FOR BANNING ECT:
1. ETC is oppressive, violent – a violation of the integrity and dignity of the person.
2. Past and recent studies have proven that ECT is not an effective treatment.
3. Vulnerable people serve as guinea pigs for this experimental “treatment”.
4. ETC can cause death.
5. ETC causes brain damage.
6. ETC can cause permanent memory loss.
7. ETC can cause cognitive impairments and learning disabilities.
8. The side effects of ETC are numerous: confusion, headaches, weakness, insomnia, heart problems and impact on one’s social life.
9. ETC does not improve one’s health or quality of life.
10. ETC is a controversial issue even among the scientific community.
For more info contact us:
1260 Sainte-Catherine Est,
Montréal, Qc. H2L 2H2